Looking Ahead, Not in the Rear View Mirror
The LAPD’s Captain Sean Malinowski envisions a time when the police will issue crime forecasts the same way the National Weather Service issues storm alerts. With the PredPol tool, that time
- mapping of past crimes.
- profiling of individuals.
- a replacement for veterans’ intuition and experience.
- new hardware or additional hiring.
- a tool to increase your odds of stopping crime.
- a technology for any jurisdiction of any size.
- a way to bring newer police up to speed more quickly.
- information available immediately where and when it is needed.
- https://… secure
- delivery report on paper, to smart phone, or to tablet
- 500′ x 500′ place-based prediction boxes
- crime mapped instantaneously
- specific to crime type
- specific to shifts
- crime mapping & prediction settings
Precise, Intuitive, Secure
“This is the next era of policing… very soon we will be using a predictive policing model where, by studying real-time crime patterns, we can anticipate where a crime is likely to occur.”
- William Bratton, Former Commissioner of NYPD and Chief of LAPD
- The technology predicts where crimes are likely to occur in place-based prediction boxes as small as 500 feet by 500 feet. Officers are briefed at roll call on the highest-probability “hot spots” for that day and devote extra attention to those areas—as much as fifteen minutes every two hours.
- In contrast to technology that analyzes and maps past crime for some hints at the future—a kind of “rear view mirror” policing—PredPol tells law enforcement what is coming.
- Traditional mapping tools are calibrated less frequently, rely on humans to recognize patterns, and allocate resources based on past crimes rather than predicted future offenses.
- For officers, PredPol’s information is accessible from any tech device or on paper.
- For analysts, PredPol’s tool can be set up within days and generates its actionable predictions in one click of your mouse.
- For managers, there is no new hardware, no additional technical staff, and no budget-busting installation fees. Training is simple, short, and intuitive. A very competitive annual subscription cost keeps the program running.
Secure & Reliable
- The tool is run on a secure, cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform.
- Personal information about victims, offenders, or law enforcement is NOT collected, ever.
- All our data processing facilities employ key card protocols, biometric scanning, and round-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance.