Scientifically Proven Field Results
Proven Crime Reduction Results
- In Los Angeles’ Foothill Division, crimes were down 13% in the 4 months following the rollout compared to an increase of 0.4% in the rest of the city where the rollout had not happened. Over this time period Foothill Division was a leader in crime rate reduction among LAPD’s divisions. Similar reductions have been seen in other cities that implemented the tool.
- The Los Angeles Police Department’s Foothill Division saw a 20% drop in predicted crimes year over year from January 2013 to January 2014 and experienced a day without crime on February 13, 2014.
- The Atlanta, GA Police Department saw aggregate crime drop 19% five months after deployment.
- The Alhambra, CA Police Department reported a 32% drop in burglaries and a 20% drop in vehicle theft since deploying in January 2013. The city reported its lowest month of crime in history in May 2014.
- The Norcross, GA Police Department has had a 15-30% reduction in burglaries and robberies just four months after deploying in August 2013.
- The Modesto, CA Police Department just reported the lowest crime rates in 3 years since deployment in January 2014, including an 18% reduction in residential burglary and a 13% reduction in commercial burglary.
Proven Accuracy Results
- Crime Analysts who used PredPol technology in addition to their existing tools are twice as effective as experienced crime analysts who did not in 6 month randomized controlled trials.
- Built upon the same underlying technology used to predict aftershocks following earthquakes.
Proven Buy-In by Officers
- Novice or newer police officers have come up the learning curve faster while veterans have added to their institutional knowledge.
- LAPD expanding the tool from one division to others