We are a young company following through on a simple but radical idea: that by applying statistical models to historical crime data, we can predict and stop crime before it happens. We started PredPol after years developing and field testing our crime prediction models at UCLA and Santa Clara University, and now we’re deploying our technology in cities all over the world with dramatic results. We’ve had successful deployments in Los Angeles, Seattle, Atlanta, the San Francisco Bay Area, and England, to name a few – and we’re just getting started.
We’re offering you a chance to help design and build something real. With your help, we can prevent a commuter from having their car stolen, a family from coming home to a ransacked house, or a mother having to hear her son was fatally shot. If you want to be part of a team that uses their talents to make a positive difference in our world, apply here right now. We can’t wait to meet you and build something truly magical together.
Employees and their dependents are eligible for medical and dental benefits. Benefits become effective the first day of the month following the date of hire. PredPol offers Anthem BlueCross health plans to regular employees and their eligible dependents. Employees contribute a portion to the monthly premium. PredPol offers Principal dental plans to regular employees and their eligible dependents. However, the employee is responsible for the premium for themselves and any dependents they wish to enroll.
If this all sounds good to you, let’s talk.
PredPol is committed to creating a diverse workforce environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. If you’re a full-stack developer, applied mathematician, data scientist, or have experience selling sophisticated technology into law enforcement, we’d love to hear from you.
Current open positions:
CLIENT ACCOUNT MANAGER
Do you like working with people and cutting-edge technology? Ever wonder what it’s like to work with the people who keep our cities safe? If so, then PredPol might have a job for you!
PredPol, the predictive policing company, uses big data and machine learning to predict where and when crimes are most likely to occur. Law enforcement agencies use our predictive platform to patrol more effectively and reduce crime in their communities.
We are now looking for a Client Account Manager to support our growing operations. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of customer satisfaction with new and existing clients. Serving as the primary point of contact after contract signature, you will manage our clients’ ongoing relationships with PredPol.
This exciting job includes a little of everything, from new customer onboarding through to contract renewal. You will serve as the customer advocate and primary point of contact throughout their lifecycle.
This position will require you to work on site in beautiful Santa Cruz, California.
- Develop relationships with key points of contact within our customer agencies.
- Maintain ongoing communications to ensure customers are getting the most out of our services.
- Monitor customer usage of services to proactively catch adoption or usage issues before they become renewal issues.
- Provide introductory and ongoing training on how to use the PredPol platform.
- Introduce new features as they become available.
- Create written and recorded training materials to support new features as they are released. Schedule follow-up training sessions with departments to ensure they are knowledgeable about new features.
- Develop a portfolio of “best practices” across our departments and find effective ways to share this information throughout our customer base.
- Work with the Engineering team as needed to resolve any customer issues.
- Share product ideas and feedback with the Engineering team to make our product better.
- Identify evolving client needs and requirements through the use of customer surveys and site visits.
- Develop customer reference accounts and individuals to assist the Sales team.
- Ensure that the CRM tool (SalesForce) is kept up to date with account activities, opportunities and contact details.
- Develop account plans and conduct periodic face to face account reviews with strategic accounts.
- Manage all aspects of client renewal process from contract negotiations through PO and cash collection process.
- Demonstrated success in an Account Management or Customer Success management capacity, preferably within a technology company.
- Ability to manage a simultaneous number of projects and customer accounts.
- Technical competence, including general understanding of IT and enterprise software.
- Familiarity with CRM systems such as SalesForce or Hubspot.
- High degree of competence creating presentations in Word and PowerPoint.
- Experienced Excel jockey; at a minimum you should be able to use pivot tables to analyze data.
- Proven analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting expertise.
- Authorization to work for any US employer without requiring visa sponsorship of any kind.
- Ability to create training multimedia materials.
- Data analysis skills, including use of SQL or BI reporting tools.
- Experience working with law enforcement or the military.
- International work experience.
Apply to email@example.com.
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
PredPol, the predictive policing company, is continuing to build out its team. We’re now looking to hire a full-stack developer in our Northern California office, located in beautiful Santa Cruz.
PredPol uses machine learning to process large datasets to predict where and when crimes will occur. Our technology uses only three pieces of data to make predictions: type of crime, location of crime, and date/time of crime. Using the most objective data available makes our predictions more accurate and helps protect the privacy and civil rights of the communities served by our customers.
We’re a small company, so this is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the product and company while at the same time helping to keep our cities safer. We operate in an Agile environment, so you should be comfortable with working in 3-week sprints and frequent product/feature releases.
Our ideal candidate will have five or more years experience as a full-stack engineer, with a focus on back-end systems. This role will include include new product development as well as occasional upgrades to elements of the existing architecture.
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails development
- RESTful API and RESTful development
- Configuration management experience (i.e. Resque, Rspec, Chef and Capistrano)
- Source control with Git/Github
- Experience working with Google Maps and/or Bing Maps APIs
- Cloud services operations with AWS or Azure
- Systems development and DBA experience using PostgreSQL, MySQL and/or Azure SQL Server.
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails development
- Experience working with the ESRI/ArcGIS mapping platform
- Familiarity with open source deep learning technologies such as TensorFlow
- Familiarity with Node.JS, Golang and R
- MongoDB development.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.