We are a young company following through on a simple but radical idea: that by applying statistical models to historical crime data, we can predict and stop crime before it happens. We started PredPol after years developing and field testing our crime prediction models at UCLA and Santa Clara University, and now we’re deploying our technology in cities all over the world with dramatic results. We’ve had successful deployments in Los Angeles, Seattle, Atlanta, the San Francisco Bay Area, and England, to name a few – and we’re just getting started.
We’re offering you a chance to help design and build something real. With your help, we can prevent a commuter from having their car stolen, a family from coming home to a ransacked house, or a mother having to hear her son was fatally shot. If you want to be part of a team that uses their talents to make a positive difference in our world, apply here right now. We can’t wait to meet you and build something truly magical together.
Employees and their dependents are eligible for medical and dental benefits. Benefits become effective the first day of the month following the date of hire. PredPol offers Anthem BlueCross health plans to regular employees and their eligible dependents. Employees contribute a portion to the monthly premium. PredPol offers Principal dental plans to regular employees and their eligible dependents. However, the employee is responsible for the premium for themselves and any dependents they wish to enroll.
If this all sounds good to you, let’s talk.
PredPol is committed to creating a diverse workforce environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. If you’re a full-stack developer, applied mathematician, data scientist, or have experience selling sophisticated technology into law enforcement, we’d love to hear from you.
Current open positions
PredPol is looking for a DevOps Engineer to lead refactoring and innovating on our computing landscape.
- Successful and proven track record of delivering quality DevOps results.
- Experience with configuration management using Chef or Puppet. You have managed an infrastructure with 25 or more servers and dozens of technologies.
- Proficiency as a MySQL and/or PostgreSQL DBA and some SQL knowledge.
- Willingness to work directly with customers as new customers are on-boarded to our platform.
- Experience implementing an automated end to end system of health checks and notifications.
- Knowledge of distributed systems. You consider data consistency and availability tradeoffs when designing systems.
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in an online environment.
- Participate in daily stand-up sessions.
- Willingness to take leadership to refactor and innovate on our current infrastructure landscape.
Sales Support Specialist
PredPol is looking for a dynamic and outgoing Sales Support Specialist. Working within our Sales team, you will support the direct selling activities of the team and coordinate a variety of marketing and sales activities. This position reports to the Director of Sales and is based in sunny Santa Cruz, California. This is a full-time role and includes benefits and stock options.
PredPol uses data analytics to work with law enforcement agencies around the world to reduce crime. This is a chance for the right person to learn and grow professionally while also helping make the world a safer place!
Provide administrative support to the PredPol Sales team, including coordinating customer meetings and webinars, generating required reports and forms, and maintaining data in Salesforce.com.
Support prospecting initiatives by engaging potential customers via phone and email to qualify them as leads. Assign inbound and qualified leads to the appropriate sales executive, monitor status and ensure timely follow-up.
Develop relationships with clients and alert Sales and Customer Support team to any changing conditions or needs. identify and report customer concerns and issues and bring new ideas for improving customer experiences.
Coordinate company events, trade shows, and conferences, including travel plans and booth logistics. Serve as single corporate point of contact for all trade show and conference activities.
Prepare and send regular corporate newsletter to customers and prospects. Manage company Facebook profile and Twitter feed. Monitor web traffic as it pertains to the company and the broader industry.
Prepare and produce marketing materials using Adobe InDesign. Create new materials for product launches and new product features. Work with Customer Support team to create high-impact training materials and tutorials. Maintain and update content for web site on an as-needed basis.
Relevant experience is great, but what’s more important is your desire to succeed and learn, and your ability to manage all the details of the job in a timely manner. These skills are highly desirable in our ideal candidate:
- High-energy personality and proactive problem solver.
- Experience designing and producing high-quality marketing materials.
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM tools.
- Highly adept at using Microsoft Office applications, especially Powerpoint.
- Able to work in a fast-moving environment with minimal direction.
- Experience with event planning and coordination.
- Comfortable managing and monitoring a variety of social media accounts.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, corporate style; comfortable interacting with senior law enforcement officials.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.