We are a young company following through on a simple but radical idea: that by applying statistical models to historical crime data, we can predict and stop crime before it happens. We started PredPol after years developing and field testing our crime prediction models at UCLA and Santa Clara University, and now we’re deploying our technology in cities all over the world with dramatic results. We’ve had successful deployments in Los Angeles, Seattle, Atlanta, the San Francisco Bay Area, and England, to name a few – and we’re just getting started.
We’re offering you a chance to help design and build something real. With your help, we can prevent a commuter from having their car stolen, a family from coming home to a ransacked house, or a mother having to hear her son was fatally shot. If you want to be part of a team that uses their talents to make a positive difference in our world, apply here right now. We can’t wait to meet you and build something truly magical together.
Employees and their dependents are eligible for medical and dental benefits. Benefits become effective the first day of the month following the date of hire. PredPol offers Anthem BlueCross health plans to regular employees and their eligible dependents. Employees contribute a portion to the monthly premium. PredPol offers Principal dental plans to regular employees and their eligible dependents. However, the employee is responsible for the premium for themselves and any dependents they wish to enroll.
If this all sounds good to you, let’s talk.
PredPol is committed to creating a diverse workforce environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. If you’re a full-stack developer, applied mathematician, data scientist, or have experience selling sophisticated technology into law enforcement, we’d love to hear from you.
Current open positions
- DevOps Engineer
- Demand Generation Specialist
PredPol is looking for a DevOps Engineer to lead refactoring and innovating on our computing landscape.
- Successful and proven track record of delivering quality DevOps results.
- Experience with configuration management using Chef or Puppet. You have managed an infrastructure with 25 or more servers and dozens of technologies.
- Proficiency as a MySQL and/or PostgreSQL DBA and some SQL knowledge.
- Willingness to work directly with customers as new customers are on-boarded to our platform.
- Experience implementing an automated end to end system of health checks and notifications.
- Knowledge of distributed systems. You consider data consistency and availability tradeoffs when designing systems.
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in an online environment.
- Participate in daily stand-up sessions.
- Willingness to take leadership to refactor and innovate on our current infrastructure landscape.
DEMAND GENERATION SPECIALIST
The Demand Generation Specialist will be responsible for creating integrated marketing campaigns that support the full sales cycle and increase leads, traffic, and overall demand. Working within our Sales team, you will support the direct selling activities of the team and coordinate a variety of marketing and sales activities.
You will be responsible for working with our marketing strategist and executing inbound marketing programs in Hubspot to drive engagement and lead generation through multiple channels.
The right candidate will have a clear understanding of B2B marketing, with a strong background in customer acquisition strategies, creative marketing campaign development and execution, data analysis and customer segmentation.
This role will drive both direct and indirect lead generation programs such as content syndication, online advertising, speaking opportunities, trade shows, customer case studies, and contribute to sales enablement initiatives.
Develop and execute fun, measurable demand generation programs that drive traffic and leads to our direct sales team
• Manage demand generation programs, including webinars, partner marketing channels, email marketing, and social media
• Collaborate with our team on bigger-picture programs and promotions
• Work closely with sales and operations teams to refine the lead management process
• Perform regular assessment of website performance and work with design team to implement A/B testing and website improvements
• Coordinate company events, trade shows, and conferences, including travel plans and booth logistics. Serve as single corporate point of contact for all trade show and conference activities.
The ideal candidate will also have:
• 1+ years in marketing – B2B, high-tech/software/SaaS preferred
• Solid understanding of marketing and demand/lead generation
• Understanding of SEO, website design, and conversion
• Experience with social media channels
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Success in building and executing integrated campaigns leveraging multiple channels to reach target audience.
• Excellent program management skills and ability to adhere to a schedule.
• Has excellent written and oral communication skills
• Self-starter who takes charge of projects and sees them through to completion
• Demonstrates creativity as well as sound organization
• Has great interpersonal skills and enjoys working with people
• Positive attitude and eagerness to learn
• The desire to work in a fast-paced start-up type environment on an amazing growth trajectory
• Ability to deal with occasional ambiguity and courage to take risks and try new things
• BA, BS or higher in marketing, communications, journalism, business or similar field
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.